Thursday, December 25, 2008

CLASSINESS AND TOLERANCE:
As Nazareth’s Christians prepare to celebrate Christmas, they are playing down the appearance of a confrontational Islamic banner that challenges an elemental Christian belief.

Journalists visiting the city saw two large banners--one in English, one in Arabic--hanging in the plaza in front of the Basilica of the Annunciation, with a verse from the Koran (112:1-4) contradicting the New Testament proclamation that Jesus is the “only begotten” of God.
Nice guys. Does this mean that Christians can go in front of a mosque and erect a poster with Porky in it, or sit down and conspicuously have a picnic during Ramadan? Of course not. They'd spark an uproar of condemnation from the intelligentsia... one that I bet my chorizo that we won't hear this time.

(BTW, Merry Christmas to everyone, if you celebrate it. I'm not a believer, but I like good food, presents, and the people I share both with, so yes, I enjoy Christmas)